
1967 A BIG YEAR but ONLY A
LITTLE TRIP
In 1967 we were living in Independence MO., career was moving forward and life was good.
We spent the first four months in a brand new house and then rented a two story house from a friend.
Our trip was visiting grandparents in St Louis then west to Branson,south to Hot Springs Ark. And then on to Okla.City Okla.
The first photo was taken in Hot Springs Ark. Right before the driver turned the tram over on its side. I probility should have sued the Motel as they owned the tram and did not even comp. out our room. One of the girls had a deep scrape but neither mom or I can remember which one.The second photo is from Silver Dollar City and I guess it was about 40% of its 2006 size. Branson may have had one show but we decided to keep moving south.
Ultimately we were headed for Okla City Okla. because I wanted the girls to see a pumping oil well on the state capitol grounds. My first real business trip had been to Okla. And I witnessed this active oil well and it really impressed me. I guess I was easily impressed in my younger days.
1 comment:
You forgot to mention the biggest event of 1967. I was born. I'm sure it was just the oversight of a forgetful "old" man. How you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment