Monday, July 03, 2006

OLD PICTURES ON A HOT SUMMER DAY

Recently I have featured most of the grandchildren. On this hot summer day I thought it might be interesting to take a peek at the older members and older pictures of the family. The first photo is of Nancy and I celebrating our first anniversary in New Orleans May of 1960. In the fall of 2004 Nancy and I returned to New Orleans [thank goodness] and had dinner again at the Court of Two Sisters. My best guess is the 1960 dinner cost $20.00 and I know the 2004 dinner cost $110.00

The second photo is of our two daughters Terri and Sherri taken in May 1964. I apparently took many photos from Dec.1963 till the fall of 1966 using the drapes as the back drop. Some in color and some in the old black and white format. The two year series of photos are some of my all time favorites.


The third photo is our son Edward running the two mile race in the Clayton Invitational in the spring of 1986. Oh by the way he won the race!!! In all probability his best two mile time of his career.
The last photo is our oldest grandson Todd [sorry to put you in the older category] running the mile in 2000.Todd went on to be a soccer player and retired from his track career.
I hope on this hot day you enjoy the cool old photos. Originally written 7/3/06
.but before I could publish I had computer challenges.

2 comments:

Guatorean Daddy said...

Great pictures. It would be great if you staged another picture at the Court of Two Sisters in 04.

Anonymous said...

I like that picture of you and Nancy - I don't think I've ever seen that one.
annie