Thursday, July 13, 2006


COOL THOUGHTS ON A HOT DAY

One of my favorite parts of the world that I have traveled too is
PEGGY'S COVE NOVA SCOTIA.
When I took the village picture I was about one hundred feet from the light house. I then walked about fifty feet behind were I was standing and shot the photo of the raging ocean.

To me this is a microcosm picture of life. In one direction the picture is calm and serene and fifty feet away the water is deep, cold, raging and if you fell off the cliff you could lose your life. In fact there is a sign on the lighthouse door giving a warning that the rocks are wet and dangerous and a fall into the water could result in loss of life. In all my travels this is the only life threatening warning that I have read.
Nancy and I had wanted to go to Nova Scotia for many years and finally fulfilled our dream in the fall of 1993. One of our current travel goals is to return to Nova Scotia and include Newfoundland in our next trip north.
There was a TWA plane crash in I believe 1997 and it was right off the coast of Peggy's Cove. There were no survivors as the water is terribly cold.
[ I entered the village picture in a photo contest of my employer Bank of America and the picture placed third]

1 comment:

Guatorean Daddy said...

Outstanding. Makes me want to go.