
I WISH I STILL HAD
The bottom photo is a 1951 Buick and is the first car I ever drove. In addition it is the car I drove on my first date with Nancy McCoy.
The middle photo is a 1954 Ford and the first car I ever owned. My memory says I paid $300.00 and borrowed the money from my grandpa. It only took me six months to pay him back.
Notice the rear fender skirts that my friend Al Rowbottom helped me to install In addition notice how wide the white on the tires and the big hub caps. Nancy and I were at the old Kiel Auditorium one night parked directly across from a police station. When we returned to the car the hub caps and fender skirts were gone.
The top photo is a 1963 Chevrolet Impala and the first new car that we owned. It was fire engine red hard top convertible and eventually had an under the dash air conditioner. We drove the car for six years and it had over 125,000 miles. When we purchased I was making $6,000 years and we were able to afford a new car with everything on it that we wanted. Six years later I was making $12,000 a year and we could no longer afford an Impala with all the trimmings. The result is real world inflation.
2 comments:
Is that picture of the red car behind your house on Lansdowne? I don't remember the car but I remember that house.
Your right the Impala is parked in our back yard in Shrewsbury.
Post a Comment