Sunday, July 06, 2008


NUMBER FORTY IS SPECIAL!!!!!
Last Sunday Paul, James Grandma and I went to GCS stadium in Sauget Il to see the beep ball championship game.[for an explanation of beep ball see posting 5/3/08 titled "A rewarding experience"
I knew that today for a contribution I would be able to take five swings blind folded at the beep ball.
What I did not know was my seven year old grandson Paul would jump up and attempt this with me. A pleasant surprise.
Thanks to a suggestion from my friend Kathryn I have been including family and friends in my march toward seventy.
I am proud to report both Paul and I did make contact with one of our five swings.

My photographer took more pictures of Paul than the old man!!!





He has the slugger look and stance







James chose not to be blind folded but did climb on the dugout.
Number forty was a challenge as it was really dark inside the blind fold.

1 comment:

Kathryn & John said...

Did you get any hits?