Saturday, July 05, 2008


HAPPY JULY 4TH 2008!!!!!!!
I took the photos tonight in Ballwin Mo of beautiful fire works yet with a heavy heart about our country.
*** HAVE WE LOST OUR PASSION
*** HAVE WE LOST OUR FERVOR
*** HAS FEAR SET INTO OUR HEARTS
After a week in Detroit immersed with Henry Ford I am worried we have sent too many jobs away from our shores in search of more profit.
Yes Mr ford was interested in profit yet he had a burning desire to improve and move the common man to a better life. In the name of more profit have we lost that passion to help our fellow man.
When I think of our freedom I think about 12 courageous men in 1853 that voted to free a black slave right here in St Louis by the name of Dred Scott.
In 2008 could we find 12 people with that amount of grit and nerve?
With the 2008 presidential campaign in full swing I daily find my mail box full of personal attacks on our candidates but little interest in the issues of the campaign.
I will not be here in 2076 but I wonder if we will still be celebrating our independence.










No comments: