Monday, May 19, 2008




NUMBER 29 HAPPENED IN HOT SPRINGS AR.!!!!!!!!!DRINKING FROM THE SPRING

Last saturday the 10TH Nancy and I had an interesting day in Hot Springs.We were in Hot Springs in 1967 with two little girls. We spent one night on our way to Oklahoma to show the girls an oil well on the State Capitol grounds.Nancy gave me permisson to have a hot bath and a massage while her and the girls slept in.Then the motel we stayed at took us for a tram ride. The driver over turned the tram and one of the girls received some cuts on her arm.We can't remember which one but maybe Sherri as she seemed to get hurt more than Terri.Today we would proably sue the motel but forty one years ago we cleaned her arm and headed for Oklahoma.The famous Arlongton hotel is in the background and we had a great lunch in their dining room.







The famous Arlington hotel has the spring water piped into their lobby.

















The water comes out at 140 degrees but they cool it to 110 degrees.








This photo shows the spring coming to surface on the mountain.


Nancy is drinking the spring water from a paper cup sitting in front of the famous Fordyce bath house.



3 comments:

Terri and Kelsey said...

I'm wondering how is Hot Springs on the way to OK? Weren't we living in KC then? Seems like creative geography to me.

Terri and Kelsey said...

Oh yeah, I do remember the oil well & I did think that was cool. I don't remember HOt Springs, although I do remember falling off the train.

Ed. Tritschler said...

Mom and I thought you were the injured one but we were not positive.
Now you have to remember gas was less than .40 per. gallon. We went from Independence to St Louis,to Branson, to Little Rock [no idea why] to Hot Springs to Fort Smith, To Okla City to Independence.
Certainly was a round about way.