
NUMBER FIFTEEN IS COMPLETED
One of my goals to reach seventy was to read a CLASSIC book/author once a quarter. Okay it took me till the 26Th of the third month to finish BUT it was worth the time, effort, and struggle it took to finish.
I chose A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens as my first classic. I may have attempted reading in high school but if I did I am sure I read only enough for a book report. This time I read All 517 pages because I wanted too. In fact I had a hard time putting the book down with fifty pages to go.
My friend Kathryn is making my second selection and the final two selections are open for suggestions.
Number ten clue is there will be 198 steps involved.


4 comments:
Read a Classic Romance book. Like something from Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is a great one!
KT
Here are five others for you to choose from:
Ethan Frome, by Edith Wharton
The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck
Jude the Obscure, by Thomas Hardy
On the Road, by Jack kerouac
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, by Robert Louis Stevenson
Read their synopses on line and see if any hit your hot button.
Get all your grandsons together and read Mark Twain---Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Then go To Hannibal for a day trip.
I liked East Of Eden by Steinbeck.
Happy Reading!
Julie
Ooooohhhh--Julie's idea is a great one!
Post a Comment