
NUMBER THIRTEEN COMPLETED
My guess is people would drive over a thousand miles to see scenery like photos one and two. Yet I took those photos about twelve miles from our house. Friday we visited Castlewood State Park and walked the scenic river trail.

Nancy spotted this fallen tree


This last photo brings back fifty seven year old memories. Long before Castlewood State Park was ever thought of Castlewood city was a summer clubhouse community..[a summer get away type of housing and living.] When I was around twelve my family would visit friends in Castlewood three or four times a year. This building [an Elks club now] was a then big,huge restaurant and bar. I guess the building shrank in the last fifty seven years.
This was my first visit and hike in Castlewood State Park but I will return.

2 comments:
Isn't Castlewood where Uncle Rd & Helen lived? I somehow thought that had all been closed up because of some toxin threat. It looks like a neat place to walk -you'll have to tell me how to get there. = annie
Annie
You are right your Uncle RD. lived behind the Elks club and up the hill. I am not sure about the toxins as they are building $750,000 homes up in the hills.
I believe the state started acquiring land for the park in late 70's or early 80;s.You take Big Bend to Ries rd. go to your left and road will end at the park entrance.
Post a Comment