
NUMBER ONE TOWARD SEVENTY
I started 2008 by making an apple cobbler. In my sixty nine plus years this is my first attempt at cooking beyond micro wave, George Foreman grill,and outside barbecuing and grilling.
I purposely chose a cobbler because I grew up eating my grandmothers apple cobbler.I wish I had her recipe but I used Miss Gin's peach cobbler recipe from McKnight Rd. cook book.
Rolling out the dough

Slicing apples


Putting apples onto the dough
Out comes the finished cobbler.


Looks good enough to eat
Actually tasted better than I expected

5 comments:
Way to go Dad. Just 69 more things to go. love ya sherri
looks yummy uncle Ed. when are we going to go get those tattoos so you can cross another one off your list?
I'm so excited! This is the one I wanted you to do, right?
Kathryn
IT WAS YUMMMMMMYYYY!!!!!! This summer, you need to do the PEACH!
LOVE YA!
KT
It was great to visit with you and Nancy (and the rest of the crew) on New Year's Eve. Wish I had some of the apple cobbler. We just made our standard Wed night winter favorite - come home from Bible class and make popcorn in the old stir crazy popper! I put a link on our family blog to yours! Dad's comment is every 5 days or so you need to try something new! Hope to see you on a stadium tour over Winter Warm Up! Happy New Year, Nancy Henley
Post a Comment