Monday, January 28, 2008




NUMBER 4 IS DONE!!!!!


Today Nancy and I drove to Springfield Illinois and toured the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.





What a great self guided tour. It truly was a living history experience.
In the first photo Nancy and I are with the Lincoln family.







I am with young Abe at the family cabin in Indiana.









In the third photo I am standing at the front door of the White House with an evening party going on.


This photo is real special as Nancy is standing next to John Wilkes Booth. Booth visited the White House on 4/11/1865 before the assassination.The man on the far right is General Grant.







Capitol of Illinois











Restored Springfield Illinois original train station.


We recommend a visit to the Lincoln Library.


There is a must see play "Ghost of the Library".!!!!


A movie "Lincoln's Eyes must not be missed.


We hope you enjoy as much as we did.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Ed, We want to do this trip with the boys this coming summer. Looks great!! Hey, I am looking for some St.Louis connections..I am bringing my book club to St.L in June. I am looking to see if any one knows where the homestead is of Sally Bensen. She wrote Meet Me in St.Louis. She was born in St.Louis. If any of this rings a bell let me know. Tell Miss Nancy hello for me. Julie (Patrick)
julieann64@sbcglobal.net

Sandra said...

Ed, I think the idea of doing 70 new things this year is wonderful. You are very inspiring.

Sandra Kennedy