
On September 14,15,and 16 of 2006 the graduates of 1956 celebrated fifty years since attending classes at Roosevelt High School. What was life like in 1956?
*** minimum wage was $1.00 per. Hour
*** Gas was .23 per. Gallon
*** Postage was .03 for first class mail
*** A new Ford cost $ 1,748.00
*** On TV Milton Berle,Steve Allen, and Ed Sullivan
*** Music, Elvis,Bill Haley Dean Martin and many more.
Fifty years later it is all different.The first photo is Roosevelt today as the picture was taken in the fall of 05.
The picture of Nancy and I was taken from the deck of the Tom Sawyer as the first night activities was a dinner cruise on the Mississippi. I asked Anita a classmate and neighbor to take our photo with the Arch in the background.
I find the last photo interesting as it was taken Friday evening the 15th as we enjoyed a banquet in Westport. The photo features Barbara a young woman who happens to know me since kindergarten. Wow that is longer than Nancy has known me. It was good to touch base with friends Jack,Bob, and their wives. To renew old acquaintances with Ralph,Julius,Glenn,Billie Jean,Rose Marie, and many others from my past.
The activities on Saturday went without us as I had an opportunity to ride an antique fire truck in the Affton parade on Saturday the 16th. I am reasonably certain a blog will soon appear about that fun day in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment