Monday, September 04, 2006

PLAYING WITH A NEW TOY
In the last week I had my pictures of 1999 and 2000 put into DVD's. I have over 500 pictures per. Year to look at and to edit. The attached photos are from a trip to the Yellowstone Park area in 2000.
The first photo is too show off the beautiful waterfall as I have had a life long fascination with water. [still can't believe I use to wear glasses]


The second and third photo is of the Grand Tetons a group of mountain peaks about an hour south of Yellowstone. In both photos you can see their beautiful reflection in the lake. In both photos I am in Wyoming looking toward Idaho. In case you ever head in that direction we spent two nights in the Grand Tetons National Park staying in an Inn that had great views and restaurant. In Yellowstone we spent four nights inside the park. Each night we were in a different section of the park. In my opinion the accommodations inside the parks gave us the ability to really explore and see so much more.


The fourth photo is of Old faithful the advertised reason for coming to Yellowstone. Actually when you explore the park for four days and nights you discover there is so much more. We saw waterfalls, many other geysers, mountain streams, trails, changing terrain, and of course animals in their natural habitat. We saw deer, elk, buffalo, and of course the famous Bears.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The power of water? Fascination with it?, let me tell you a story. Ed, the kids and I just got back from a little trip to Elephant Rocks, we then went to Johnson Shut Ins to see what was happening to it since the "breach" last December. We were amazed! It was just a year ago that we were playing in those waters with the kids. You can not do that now, the "deep" end where the "crazies" used to jump in from the bluffs is now a sand bar and what water is there, you can see straight through to the bottom. The water that usually flows through the rocks, is just a trickle. I have pictures of Donovan and Ed were sliding through one last year, I took a picture of the same place, and there is no water. Where the camp sites used to be is all grass and "fen" area. Water is fascinating in some cases, but in this case, it was scary. I am happy to report that the Park Rangers say that the family that was swept away in the "breach" is doing all OK phycially, and have moved on. I'll send pictures to you when I get them downloaded.