Monday, January 10, 2011

A BUSINESS TRIP IN 1966!!!!!!!!!!


In May 1966 I had a chance to spend a week at my company headquarters in Silver Springs MD. Because of my passion for United States history Nancy allowed me to go early on a Sunday morning and stay over for a late Saturday flight back home. On Sunday my friend Joe Nicely and I walked from the White house,to Jefferson Memorial,on to Lincoln Memorial,to Washington Monument and finally to the Capitol.





Our Capitol


















Washington Monument






A piece of trivia for you. In 1932 a Cardinal catcher Gabby Street became the only person to catch a baseball dropped from the top of the Washington Monument..



On Saturday Joe and I toured Arlington National Cemetery a place that stirs many emotions.

The tomb of the UNKNOWN SOLDIER.I was so impressed that I made Joe sit through two changing of the guard performances.















The White House.President Johnson was living there in 1966.




President Kennedy grave site in May 1966 only two years after his untimely death.













1989 Notice how the grave site has changed.











No comments: