
SEPTEMBER 8 1998
The most ELECTRIFYING night at the stadium that Nancy and I so far have experienced.
I believe it was the ANTICIPATION that we had tickets and possibly Mark McGwire would hit #62.
I know that the record has now been tainted by steroids but on that night ELECTRICITY was in the air!!!.

Mark did hit #62 on 9-8-98
*** We stayed at least an hour after the game.
*** I was offered $50. for our ticket stubs.
*** I was offered $100. for my score card.
*** I still have them [never have been known for my smarts]
I do not have the words that can describe the build up for me for that game. Two games prior I began to root against Mark hitting a home run so I would have the experience of witnessing the event.
Our seats were right behind first base about at the top of the the first level when Mark hit the line drive that became HOME RUN #62!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Tell the junior princess I'd like to see the picture of the queen and her court.
Kathryn
I cannot believe it has been 10 years. You have certainly had the great fortune to witness quite a few interesting things in your lifetime.
Post a Comment