Thursday, January 31, 2008



TWENTY SIX YEARS AGO TODAY

WE woke up to plus twenty inches of snow. The city was paralized for days. Snow started Saturday night after 10:00 PM and had quit by the time we woke up. The twenty plus inches fell in about six to eight hours.They called it a thunder storm snow.

We did not move our car till Tuesday afternoon and then the challenge was to find a place to park. I did not go to work till Thursday and again finding a place to park was the challenge.

I hope this snow storm is not a repeat of twenty six years ago.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that year because we had 2 babies and a 5 year old. After a few days we had run out of milk so Steve was trying to walk to the store since we couldn't get our cars out. He made it a block or two when the snow plow finally came down the street. To this day I still check our milk and toilet paper supply (for some reason the store shelves were empty of toilet paper after the snow??) when I hear snow storm predictions even though it's just Steve & I now.

Henley Family said...

I remember that storm because I was a senior at Harding University and had come home for the weekend. Dad ended up having to drive 3 of us back to Searcy on Tuesday and fly back to STL from Little Rock. Nancy

Guatorean Daddy said...

Wow. You were only 43 back then. I bet you didn't have a list of 43 things to do.

I remember that snowfall hitting Neosho. My buddy David and I made some serious cash with our shovels.

Anonymous said...

My best memory is being out of school for 2 weeks! But then having to make some of those days up on Saturdays! Still had fun though, sled riding down the street b/c we lived in the stix and snow plows wouldn't try to make it up the hill! The neighbor kid and I had the biggest snow fort that I can remember seeing! It was multi- leveled and had 3 rooms! Of course the "top" level was only big enough for storing our snow balls. I only wish we would have taken pictures!
Karen