
I have had the good fortune to have been in attendance at six NCAA tournament basketball games including two finals. My first final was in 1973 when I saw hall of fame coach John Wooden and his UCLA team win again. Bill Walton had a big game as he scored 44 points to help UCLA defeat Memphis state.
In 1978 I again was able to see a final game when Kentucky and coach Joe B. Hall won the NCAA championship game. The program price doubled in the five years and my guess is the ticket price more than doubled. I still have my 1973 stub and it cost $10.00.
The remaining four dates were Midwest championship dates. The neat thing is each date was two games for the price of one. A little taste of what inflation has done to us. The ticket price to the 1998 game was $45.00 and it was not even the finals.
In 1999 the program was up to $7.00 and again it was only the regional not the finals.
It may only be televison but I am enjoying March madness as i publish this blog!!!!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment