
IS THIS THE YEAR?
YES we did BACK into the playoffs.
BUT!!! Yesterday we played like a champion
Featured in photo one is [future] hall of fame manager Tony LaRussa. I am not a Tony basher but I am not necessarily his number one fan.
Too me he over manages.
*** He over does right/left situations both pitching and hitting match ups.
*** He apparently does not like playing young players
*** He appears to be arrogant in making key decisions when they go against the book
However he does have hall of fame numbers.
Next notice Albert and his number in photo three. It is number sixty nine. This photo was taken at spring training and Albert was scheduled to go to Memphis. Walt Jocekty over ruled Tony and you know the rest of the story.!!!Photo number two was taken this year at the new stadium. Thanks to my young friend Eric I was able to attend an afternoon game with a great seat view.
Photo number four [somehow photo four disappeared into cyber space] was of Jim Edmonds who had two key hits yesterday. I wish the photo was of Jim playing center field because in my opinion he is the best Cardinal center fielder my eyes have seen.I have witnessed
*** Terry Moore I was a kid and Terry was at the end of his career.
*** Curt Flood very good with the glove but does not get to every ball that Jimmy gets too.
*** Willie McGee a fan favorite but played a much deeper center than JIMMIE

In photo four we have hall of famer Lou Brock.
Lou might be the best playoff hitter of all time.
The last photo is of Cardinal icon Red Schoendist.
Red was a terrific clutch hitter, some power, a great glove and basically played with only one eye .
What do you think?
Do we win it all are bow out early?
4 comments:
I gotta believe this is the year. I like ET Willie McGee.
I am hoping and praying that this is the year! But, prayer probably doesnt help much, God probably doesnt care who wins the World Series. BUT if He did care, HE would be a Cardinals fan, of course!
GO CARDS!
I don't know why my first post didn't post.
The Cards seem to have a bit of health on their side. This could be the year.
I really like Willie. Not a HOF'er, but a good guy who did STL proud. Besides, who was faster than ET?
Post a Comment