[Mel.& Liz. Bilbo in front of their
Kringles Christmas store]
Nancy and I had the opportunity last week to spend a week in Branson. Our week began with us attending Sunday services at Hollister Church of Christ and a song service led by our friend Mel Bilbo. After services we had lunch with Mel and Liz at Mel's
Hard Luck Diner. After lunch Mel and Liz gave us a tour of Kringles Christmas Store, Thomas Kinkade Store, and their book store. On your next visit to Branson we suggest a visit to the Grand Palace Shopping area and the four stores owned by the Bilbo's. Especially a meal at the diner as they feature singing servers.Pictured on the left is 80 year old Ray Price. Nancy and I had the opportunity to be entertained by Ray and his orchestra. It was a great show
On Friday, April 7th we had a special evening as Ed celebrated his birthday. Our evening started with a steak dinner at the Majestic Steak House with a great meal and service by Shaughn. Then on to the Shoji Tabuchi Show and Shoji is pictured on the left. This was either the fourth or fifth time we have seen his show an it seems to get better with age. The tour of the bathroom is still a highlight and his wide range of music continues to delight audiences of all ages.
All in all we had a great week of relaxing, resting, shopping, and being entertained.


3 comments:
It sounds like you had a great time! We missed you here (and had to add your name to the "dreaded list")but we are glad that you were able to relax and enjoy some time with friends. I can't wait for retirement.... but I have a ways to go!
It sure was great to see you yesterday, and am glad you are back. I don't know if they still perform, but I think the Baldknobbers are a hoot!
Put a beard and moustache on Mel and he could look like Kris Kringel! Great pictures!
Post a Comment