Friday, July 06, 2012

GARDEN of THE GODS-----PART TWO

For Nancy and I the Garden of The Gods were so spectacular that I had to share more of our pictures.
An explanation of the red bands shown on the beautiful rock formations.


Notice the red bands!!!!!




Nancy on the trail


Nancy inside of what was a cave several centuries in the past
but over the years the mountain formations has shifted.

I am inside the cave but obviously not very dark as there is
hole in the roof and the entrance is open not closed.

Time to rest!!!!!

Yes in the cave cell communications still work as I take a call from Edward.

1 comment:

Henley Family said...

We love that area. We used to camp at Pounds Hollow. My folks are both from that area and my grandparents lived in West Frankfort and Christopher. Beautiful area and not far from here!