Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cypress Gardens 1966 ski show
 FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO------JUNE 1966!!!!!!!
You had to be living in 1966 to believe the story that follows.
Nancy,five year old Terri, three year old Sherri and I left Shrewsbury Mo on a Saturday morning headed for Florida. I had $250.00 in my pocket and three hundred dollars in travelers checks, a Standard Oil credit card and four nights in St Petersburg FL prepaid. We had the following goals.
* If at the ocean we needed to stay in beach front accommodations
* Every place we stayed with no beach had to have a pool
Daytona Beach I drove a 1966 Chevy Impala on this beach

Directly across the street from Atlantic ocean in Fort Lauderdale
We paid $20.00 per night for a two bedroom unit
with free breakfast and a pool. My 1963 Impala is parked in
the front.

Hialeah Race track Miami FL
I wonder who the two little girls are?

St Augustine FL street scene 1966

Marine Land near St Augustine
I was so thrilled with the Dolphin show
I made all set through a second show.

Another street scene St Augustine FL

Sky line of Miami FL from Biscayne Bay


Results of our two week trip

***Arrived home with $9.00 and no traveler checks.
*** Gone fourteen nights
             *** Spent two nights with relatives 
*** Four nights were prepaid
*** All car expenses were on Standard Oil card
We went too!!!!!!!
***Silver Springs
*** Marine Land
*** Cypress Gardens
*** A boat ride on Biscayne Bay
*** The Everglades
*** Circus Hall of Fame in Sarasota FL
*** Drove on the beach in Daytona FL
*** Toured Busch Gardens in Tampa Fl
{but it was nothing like today}
*** No Magic Kingdom or sea World as 
they have not yet been created.
I know if I had not lived through it I would not believe it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

No comments: