Thursday, November 11, 2010

THANKS TO ALL VETERANS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY
I still remember WW11
*** Saving quarters to buy war bonds
*** Gas rationing
*** Night time blackouts in St Louis
*** My dad and uncles serving in the military in far off places in our world.
*** I remember Christmas Eve 1945 when I my dad came home after three years.


My dad in the Philippines






Both my dad and his younger brother Uncle Wib both served in the Philippine's and somehow they met.
My dad is on the left






War time currency notice it states military currency at the top.


I wonder who the Junior soldier is?




Nancy's dad served in Italy and always had war stories to tell.


I just finished a Stephen E. Ambrose book 'The Wild Blue" the story of men and boys who flew B-24's over Germany.
A great book.Nancy and I often talk about our being so mature at age 21 than the kids are today yet in WW11 we had men ages 18 to 23 as pilots,,radiomen, and turret gunners flying expensive and intricate air craft.
Ambrose ends the book and I end this blog with a life searching question.
Where did America find such men?
THANKS TO ALL OUR VETERANS!!!!!!

No comments: