Saturday, March 07, 2009

AN UPDATE ON MY 2009 GOALS

My goal for February was to lose two lbs. and I hit my goal.!!!

In February I wanted to read two books and I accomplished that goal.

I will give a brief book report.

1---"ESCAPE" by Carolyn Jessop

A true story of Carolyn's life growing up in a Utah polygamy family until age seventeen and then being a polygamists wife for seventeen years to a fifty two year old man. She finally engineered an escape along with her four children and how she made a life for her family in the outside world. It was eye opening for me as I did not realize polygamy was still alive in the USA. I would rate this book a seven on a ten rating scale.
2---' THE ASSOCIATE" by John Grisham

I did not feel John was any where close to the suspense and excitement he usually generates. For me the story was unbelievable that it would have actually developed in the real world the way John wrote the plot. Usually I cannot put a John Grisham novel down but in this case I had no trouble in moving on. I would give it a rating of five on a scale of ten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ed, I would like to suggest a good book for you to read, "same kind of different As me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It will have an impact on your life. We were blessed to hear the authors speak here in Springfield about two weeks ago. Keep blogging --I enjoy checking in. Judy