Tuesday, January 20, 2009



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!

Today our friend Jan celebrates one of those magical numbered birthdays. Jan, let me assure you this number is not all that negative.

I know!!!!!

Jan and I share a few common traits.

*** We are both only children

*** We attended the same high school

{Kathryn, the danger here is she knows at least two girls I dated}

*** Jan's mother and my Aunt Dudel worked together for many years.

*** Our families learned many years ago "The family that camps together stays together"




Kindergarten


Seven years old with her mom.







Dad and his princes


Ten years old
















Six years old




The infamous high school year book picture







Ten years old with her parents












THE 1959 Jan








1961 Jan and the love of her life Dean.

















The current Jan

Jan,Nancy and I wish you a

"VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY' and hope you have a great day and an even better year.













5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the tribute. You and Nancy have been special friends to us for a long time and I treasure the times together with you both. Look forward to many good times to come. Jan

Anonymous said...

WE love you MS Jan! Happy Birthday!
Karen, Edward, & kiddos!

Henley Family said...

What a grand post about Jan! I love all the pictures. Happy 70! Nancy Henley

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute, Ed, for our special JAN. We all love her and appreciate her for so many reasons. She's a sister to all of us in the Lord. Thanks. Happy Birthday to JAN! With love from Phyllis, Will and family

Denise said...

Love the post Ed! You were a darling little girl Miss Jan. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your dad. Doug looks a lot like him. I Thought he always looked like daddy Dean. I guess he is a nice mixture! Love you all!!