
CHRISTMAS EVE TRADITION CONTINUES!!!!!
When our daughter Terri was born we decided we were staying home for Christmas. I grew up visiting all of the relatives and I honestly felt it was New Years day before I could play with my new toys. This year we again hosted the family gathering for Christmas Eve. [we have not missed since her birth] When we lived in Independence Mo. sometimes it was only four of us but we still celebrated Christmas Eve at our house. We also did Christmas day until Sherri took over a few years ago.

The festivities began right after dinner with a three piece piano recital by Donovan.[his piano lessons so far has been by grandma]
The evening ended at photo two as James shares his original Christmas story with the family helped by his ghost writer and reader Kayleigh.

Four cousins representing three families.
Not his present but he was hoping.


Awaiting her next gift opening opportunity as our tradition is to move from youngest to oldest and back again until you run out. I got to stay in four rounds this year.
Words cannot do this picture justice but I will attempt too.
James is so excited over this gift from grandpa that he is kissing the box. That is not all in a moment he sits up and announces " I think I am going to cry" That announcement brought hysteria to our festivities.




5 comments:
Oh Ed, you hurt my feelings!! How could you forget the 10+ years we hosted the family Christmas extravaganza at our house!! That was always great fun! Now that there are 35+ of us it is hard to do. So sad :(
You are so right. I Did Forget!!!!
When I was typing I thought you know it seems like a long time since we did Christmas day but my old mind simply could not come up with the answer.
Sorry
Ed
Don't worry about it Ed, you're not the only one who can't remember. Jim, Meredith and I talked back and forth for ten minutes trying to remember exactly when we stopped having them here. It all just blends together! Hope you all had a great holiday. Where did you all ride the camels?
We rode the Camels at Our Lady of the Snows light display in Belleville. It was only $5.00
Ed
I think the last Christmas at the McCoys was the year before David was diagnosed with....(1999)
Then we had Donovan the Christmas of 2000, and he missed most of it b/c he was asleep in your bedroom.
Then I think we went to doing it at Sherri's the following year (2001)
Post a Comment