Monday, March 20, 2006


WHY We LIVE in ST Louis AREA!!

[left to right, Kelsey,Nancy, Ed, Todd bottom row is Kayleigh, Paul,Donovan,and in the front is James].
If you received an 05 Christmas card this is the one you should have received. Everyone decided a big no to the photo card because James was too tired. However this photo is a picture of why we live in St Louis and not in a warmer climate.
In about 1985 Nancy and I began to think and plan about how we wanted to spend our retirement years. When retirement happened our plan was to leave around Jan. 1 for a warmer climate and return about April 1 and around June 15th we would reverse our life style and spend three months in the north and cooler climate
On Nov. 14th, 1988 our plans were changed as we expierenced for the first time the joys of being grandparents. Todd Taylor came into our life and we decided we could handle the St Louis weather as we did not care to be gone for that long. We can still travel but we return home in two or three weeks in order to stay involved in our family and their lives.
From the picture you can tell we now have six reasons for not leaving the area. The picture may not have made the Christmas card cut but each grandchild brings great joy to our lives. We know in this era we are so fortunate that our six grandchildren live about twenty minutes from our house.
This last week is typical of how we spend our time. We started on Thursday by spending the day with Donovan and Kayleigh. We went to the park I played catch with Donovan. Grandma and Kayleigh did the swings and all the other park toys. On Saturday Paul and James came over for four hours of fun and games. The two boys especially like the hill in our back yard and have invented a game of the two of them riding on a tricycle down the hill. On Sunday we attended church with the Taylor family. We heard Joe deliver a great bible lesson then we all went out for a pizza lunch at Fortels. Part of the afternoon was spent with the three men watching March madness and the woman visiting the Pottery Barn.
Simply there is no other place for Nancy and I to live but right here in St.Louis.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like 6 excellent reasons to stay in St. Louis to me -kids & grandkids just make life so much more fun! Besides the fact that I'd miss my favorite sister & brother-in-law.
annie

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm enjoying reading your blog. Who knows, I may even start one of my own. Todd was born in 1988 (not 1998). He might be offended to think people would think he was 7 not 17. And hello also to Aunt Ann, Jenny & Becky! I've also enjoyed reading your blogs. Everybody have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just realized I didn't leave my name. Let's just say it was from the #1 child - TT

Conni H. said...

Ed- i am enjoying your blog too! I am glad that you are in St. Louis, and you and Nancy are great examples to many many people. I know 6 good reasons to stay in STL who are really blessed to have 2 really cool people in their lives!

Guatorean Daddy said...

You are one of the reasons we enjoy STL-and thanks for "pinch-hitting" for me tonight!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you how much we enjoy having you here too? I never had grandparents growing up and I am able to enjoy it now through my children and the happines you bring them!
Especially since you are the kid's favorite grandpa!
Love, Your Favorite Daughter-in-law! :)